Because of my love affair with pretty much anything pasta, lasagna is a dish I LOVE!!! However, there are numerous issues with it. First of all, it takes forever to make and second, it’s super carb heavy and loaded with saturated fat from all the cheeses and meat. However, I’ve come up with these zucchini lasagna roll-ups as a solution to all that!
In place of the pasta, I have substituted for slices of zucchini and although you could add some ground turkey, I opted to keep this recipe vegetarian.
These zucchini lasagna roll-ups are so delicious you won’t even miss the pasta, I promise.
This delish recipe is found on page 40 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!
Zucchini Lasagna Roll-ups
- 3 zucchini sliced thin
- 1 C organic ricotta cheese
- 1 C mozzarella cheese divided
- 1/2 C Parmesan cheese
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 C marinara sauce
- Slice zucchini long-wise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay on paper towels, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 10-15 minutes. This will bring out some of the water. Pat dry.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients (except marinara sauce), reserving half the mozzarella cheese until well combined
- Heat grill pan over medium high heat and grill zucchini slices 2-3 minutes per side till they get soft enough to roll
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place 1/2 marinara sauce in bottom of baking dish.
- Spread each zucchini slice with 1 tablespoon of ricotta mixture and roll. Place seam side down in baking dish. Repeat for remaining slices of zucchini
- Top with remaining marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes then serve and enjoy