We absolutely LOVE soup! In fact from the first twinges of cooler weather in the fall to the last chilly days of spring, soup is our favorite go-to meal.
Probably the very BEST part about this recipe is that it is the PERFECT alternative to chicken noodle soup. All of the spirit and body healing properties, without any of the guilt of the noodles.
And, because it has yummy beans, it will provide you with long lasting energy. If you are vegetarian, feel free to either omit the chicken, or add in your favorite chicken substitute.
Here’s the other good news! Because this soup is so nutrient dense, but carb and calorie lean, you can have a huge portion and still have room left for a nice crusty whole grain roll, a nice side salad and even fruit for dessert! LOVE THAT!!!
Having a healthy eating lifestyle is NOT about depriving myself. At least that’s my own personal position. If that sounds like something that excites you, I welcome you to try this delish recipe for yourself!
White Bean and Kale Soup
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 3 free-range chicken breasts cut in 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 2 organic carrots , diced
- 3 celery stalks , chopped
- 2 garlic clove , minced
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt , to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper , to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes , to taste (optional)
- 4 C fresh kale , chopped
- 3 C cannelini beans (2 15oz cans)
- 1 1/2 C diced tomatoe (1 15oz can), no salt added variety
- 4 C organic chicken stock , low sodium
- 4 C water
- Heat dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and chicken. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Add onion, celery and carrots. Season with spices. Lower heat to medium and saute until onion is translucent. Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute more.
- Add tomatoes, kale and beans. Stir to combine
- Add chicken stock and water. Cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.