Turmeric has been relied upon as a naturally healing spice for centuries, and for good reason!
Here are ten great benefits of turmeric
- Natural replacement for medications that slow and prevent blood clotting
- May be as effective as Prozac to treat depression
- Powerfully controls inflammation
- Useful to alleviate arthritis discomfort
- Naturally treat cancer (especially breast, colon and skin)
- 400 times more potent that Metformin, a commonly used medication to treat diabetes
- Helps to heal the gut and gastrointestinal disorders
- Naturally regulates cholesterol by preventing oxidative stress damage
- Activates the body’s own opioid system to relieve pain (including diabetic neuropathy)
- Promotes weight loss naturally
My goodness, that’s a pretty impressive list and the above list is not even all of the benefits of turmeric.
For more information, Dr Axe has a terrific article on his website regarding the benefits of turmeric.
With all of the amazing health benefits of turmeric, I truly believe that it is a spice that should be used by everyone in cooking.
Because turmeric is so very powerful, it is my STRONG recommendation that prior to using turmeric in supplement form, you consult with your physician to determine any possible interactions with any of your current medications!
Additionally, you should not stop taking any prescribed medication prior to a discussion with your doctor or other licensed medical professional.
All that being said, I do believe that turmeric can be used safely as a spice in cooking, but again, if you are concerned in any way, please check with your pharmacist or physician for any possible drug interactions.
Tumeric Tea Recipe
- 1 C coconut milk unsweetened
- 1 C water
- 1 TBSP ghee or butter
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or grated
- Pour coconut milk and water into saucepan and warm for approximately 2 minutes
- Add in butter, raw honey and turmeric powder
- Continue heating, stirring to combine all ingredients for approximately another 2 minutes
- Pour into mugs and enjoy.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!