Hello! Who doesn’t just LOVE brownies?! Brownies happen to be my all-time favorite dessert, so this recipe using healthy sweet potato as a main ingredient makes me smile even more!
Seriously, you won’t believe how moist and delicious these babies are. If you’ve tried my other Healthy Brownies recipe, you’ll know that my love affair with brownies is well documented. Up until now, I thought they were my fave, but after making these sweet potato brownies, I’m not so sure about that anymore. I guess you’ll need to make them both and give me a review!
What makes these brownies so fabulous you ask? Great question! First of all, they are gluten-free! Second, they are loaded with fiber, so they come in at 5 net carbs….yippee!!
Well enough already of me gushing about how delish they are, get yourself in the kitchen and make some for yourself!
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 sweet potato baked, peeled and mashed
- 1/4 C coconut oil melted
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2/3 C organic cocoa powder
- 1/3 C organic dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare mini muffin pan with coconut oil cooking spray
- In large mixing bowl, mash sweet potato. Add remaining wet ingredients and mix well. Make sure there are no more lumps of sweet potato
- Sift dry almond flour and baking soda over wet ingredients. Stir to combine well.
- Stir in cocoa powder and mix to fully incorporate.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop (or tablespoon) transfer batter to prepared muffin tin
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for 30 minutes.
Did you love this recipe? I sure wish my Richie would eat them, because I think adding the walnuts would be fabulous and would also amp up the nutrition. Oh well, leave me a comment and let me know if you added the walnuts!