Southwestern Salad is....
The absolute PERFECT summer picnic salad. No mayo to spoil and with light refreshing flavors, they compliment anything you have on your grill!
This recipe is the day five (5) lunch recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP raw honey
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1 C sweet corn
- 1 1/2 C black eye peas 1 15oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 C black beans 1 15oz can, drained and rinsed
- 1 C celery diced
- 1 onion medium, chopped
- 1 jalapeno minced fine
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP fresh cilantro chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Whisk apple cider vinegar and honey in serving bowl until well combined, then add olive oil and whisk again to combine.
- Place corn in colander and rinse with hot water to defrost. Allow to drain.
- Drain and rinse black beans and black eyed peas.
- Chop remaining ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to bowl and stir to combine well. Add salt and pepper to taste, but no more than 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Cover and allow to chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.