I must admit that I’ve totally come late to the party. It wasn’t until just a couple of years ago that I tried a Snickerdoodle cookie!! I know, don’t judge me!
The good news is that because I’m not only a cookie monster (I’m sure you can relate), but also the Unconventional Foodie, I was determined to re-invent a snickerdoodle cookie that would be delicious AND guilt-free to eat!
I’m super excited to bring you this recipe! I’m certain that you will love them as much as I do!
For the Cookies
- 2 C almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 organic pasture-raised egg
- 2 TBSP coconut oil , melted
- 1/4 C raw honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare sheet pan with parchment paper or silpat
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients to fully combine and remove any clumps
- In small mixing bowl, lightly beat egg, add other wet ingredients and whisk to fully combine
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir to combine
- Form dough into 12 balls and place on baking sheet. Press down to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- For topping, combine coconut sugar and cinnamon, sprinkle topping and lightly press in to cookies
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. Start watching as the 10 minute mark so they don't get over-browned.
- Leave in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely,
- Store at room temperature for 2-3 days. May be frozen for 3 months.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!