Savory Turkey Burger ~ the perfect replacement!
As the weather heats up, so do the barbecue grills. But, if you’re throwing down a traditional burger, that could wreck havoc on your health goals. That’s where this savory turkey burger recipe fills the gap, and it’s the PERFECT replacement for those of us who are watching our weight or just trying to maintain a healthy diet.
So, how do you satisfy your hankering for a big juicy burger without also sucking down all the fat, cholesterol and calories? Simple, you substitute hamburger for ground turkey.
I know, I hear you! Turkey burgers are boring, sometimes bordering on tasting like cardboard, am I right?
Well, here is a turkey burger recipe so good, you won’t even miss the beef. Trust me, I’ve made them several times and they are delish!
This recipe is the day six (6) dinner main dish recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!
Savory Turkey Burger
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1/2 C bread crumbs whole wheat
- 3 tbsp onion minced
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 6 kaiser rolls
For the Burgers
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except hamburger buns). Shape the mixture into six even patties.
- Grill for about 5 minutes per side. Cooking time is approximate. You should always cook your turkey burgers to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings. Try a slice or two of avocado instead of (or in addition to) the normal lettuce, tomato and onion!
- Alternatively, you could pan fry or broil these burgers
- To save even more on your carbs (or if you are gluten intolerant) substitute the regular burger buns for a low carb version, or english muffins, or even lettuce leaves.