Roast turkey is the quintessential Thanksgiving holiday main dish. The trick is, how do you get a super delish turkey that is moist and tender and flavorful? For many years, I made a roast turkey and it often came out dry and crumbly, sound familiar? Well, you will no longer have those issues with this roast turkey with sage butter recipe!
The secret to this recipe is that the sage butter is placed UNDER the skin! Yep, that’s right, just lift up the skin and smear the sage butter all over those breasts. The skin will keep the butter in place so that the meat cooks nice and moist! Your roast turkey will be the talk of the neighborhood. But beware, you’ll probably be the one bringing the turkey for Thanksgiving dinner from now on!
This delish recipe is found on page 67 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here’s to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!
Roast Turkey with Sage Butter
Moist and delicious!
For the Sage Butter
- 8 TBSP unsalted organic grass-fed butter (, room temperature)
- 1 fresh sage bunch (, chopped)
For the Turkey and Stuffing
- 1 10-12 lb organic turkey
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 onion
- 1 head garlic
- 2 carrot
- 6 sprigs thyme
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 lemon
For the Sage Butter
- The day before, bring butter to room temperature, mince one bunch of sage and thoroughly mix with butter, cover and set aside on counter
For the Turkey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Remove neck and giblet bag from turkey. Rinse thoroughly
- Using your hands, separate the skin from the breast area of the bird and stuff the sage butter between the skin and the meat
- Place bird on rack in a large roasting pan
- Roughly chop remaining vegetables, place in cavity with the herbs
- Roast for 2 3/4 to 3 hours, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Allow bird to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving