One of my favorite desserts is rice pudding. And, while it may be one that is slightly better for you than most, the amount of refined sugar and the use of processed white rice is a non-starter for me.
That’s why I just had to come up with a healthy rice pudding recipe that I could turn to when I’m craving something soft, creamy and comforting.
And, voila! This recipe is supurb! You can totally omit the raisins, but whyyyyyyy would you do that? Ok, I get it, not everyone is a fan, but trust me, once they’re cooked in with the rice and milk, oooohhhh baby, they are so sweet and soft and juicy….don’t get me started!
This recipe is the day seven (7) dinner dessert recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by a recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
For the Rice
- 1/2 C brown rice
- 1 C water
- cinnamon stick 1 inch piece
For the Pudding
- 1/4 Cup raisins optional
- 1 Cup almond milk
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk divided
- 1/4 Cup coconut sugar
- nutmeg dash
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Rice
- Soak brown rice for 2 hours or overnight, rinse. Place in small saucepan, add 1 Cup of water and cinnamon stick piece. Bring to a boil. Cover, lower heat and simmer until liquid is absorbed. Approximately 30 minutes.
For the Pudding
- In medium saucepan, place cooked rice, almond milk, and raisins. Cook for 15-20 minutes
- Beat egg in bowl. Add a small amount of the rice mixture to the bowl and mix it in with the beaten egg (this will keep the egg from scrambling as soon as you add it to the hot rice pudding)
- Stir in beaten egg and rice mixture, then add in the coconut milk. Cook an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
- Allow to cool. Serve topped with fresh grated nutmeg.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!