Few things scream holiday meal better than a delicious prime rib roast. The problem is, it’s a fairly expensive cut and speaking from experience, lots of people are hesitant to try making it.
This recipe however, is so simple, that anyone can grace their holiday table with this deliciously juicy, decadent prime rib roast.
This delish recipe is found on page 69 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
Prime Rib Roast
- 1 3 rib prime rib roast 6-7 pounds
- 8 TBSP unsalted organic grass-fed butter
- 1 head garlic
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- The day before, bring butter to room temperature. Mince the garlic and thoroughly mix in butter, rub garlic butter over entire roast, cover and refrigerate.
- Allow roast to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place roast in oven and cook for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 300 degrees. Cook for 9 to 13 minutes per pound depending on desired doneness. Internal temp of 145 for medium rare (my personal fave)
- Remove from oven, cover with foil and allow to "rest" for 10 minutes
- Carve and enjoy!