It’s pretty well documented that fish contains lean protein and nutrients that we need for optimal health. This poached halibut delivers on all fronts!
Healthy fish doesn’t include fish and chips. Unfortunately, when we think about fish, we either think salmon or fish and chips. Salmon is a great choice, but variety is the spice of life.
This poached halibut is not only delicious and nutritious, but it is also heart healthy and super simple to make.
This delish recipe is found on page 83 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
- 2 halibut filets
- 1 TBSP unsalted organic grass-fed butter
- 1 lemon
- fresh thyme
- 1/4 C water
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat
- Add halibut, zest the lemon, then squeeze the juice over the fish, add water and thyme sprig, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes till fish is tender and flaky. Serve immediately.