Pico de Gallo....
is a wonderfully versatile dish to have in your repertoire.
Pico de Gallo can be used as a healthy salsa for chips, you can use it as a different bruschetta taste sensation, and add it as a finishing touch to pretty much ANY protein that you’d like to give a touch of southwestern flair! It would even make a terrific topping for burgers.
I created this recipe particularly for my Grilled Tilapia Pico de Gallo, but as mentioned above, it’s an extremely versatile dish.
Pico de Gallo
- 4 Roma tomatos seeded, diced fine
- 1 red onion medium, diced fine
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper minced fine
- 3 green onions diced
- 3 fresh cilantro diced
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- Mix all ingredients, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour so all those yummy flavors get to know each other.
I absolutely love the flavors in this recipe and I think it has the perfect amount of spicyness! I’d love to know what you think, so please comment below!
If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t be stingy, make sure you share it out with anyone you think would enjoy it too!