I don’t know about you, but any time I can smear chocolate on my toast for breakfast and not feel guilty, it’s a great day!
In theory, Nutella could be a healthy condiment. What takes it out of the healthy range is are obviously the ingredients. WAAAAYYYY too much sugar and preservatives and….and…..and…..
Now you can have your nutella and eat it too! So go ahead, give the kids chocolate for breakfast!
- 2 C raw hazelnuts
- 1/3 C coconut milk full fat
- 4 TBSP organic cocoa powder
- 2 TBSP raw honey
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place hazelnuts in single layer on baking sheet and roast until lightly colored (about 10 minutes)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool (about 20 minutes)
- Place hazelnuts in high speed blender (I used my Ninja), add salt and process until ground fine (like a flour). About 2-3 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and process until smooth
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.