Oh goodness! What’s a pile of mashed potatoes without a ladle full of gravy? The problem is, gravy is a pretty carb heavy delicacy because it’s traditionally made with flour. Well, you may now welcome gravy back to the table with this flour free healthy gravy!
Did I mention it’s super delish? The other good news is that although I used chicken broth to make this gravy, you certainly don’t have to use it. You can absolutely substitute chicken for beef or turkey. For vegan options, use either vegetable or mushroom stock!
This delish recipe is found on page 42 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
- 2 C organic low-sodium broth vegetable, beef, chicken, etc
- 2 TBSP unsalted organic grass-fed butter or ghee
- 2 TBSP tapioca starch
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Over medium high heat, melt butter or ghee, sprinkle with tapioca and whisk till smooth. Allow to cook for about 1 minute
- While constantly whisking, slowly add the stock. Stirring occasionally, continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until gravy is thickened
- Serve immediately