Healthy Egg Rolls
You almost can’t even think about Chinese take-out without having your mouth start watering for a delicious egg roll. I totally feel ya! That’s why I had to put my “Unconventional Foodie” spin on an egg roll recipe to compliment my yummy Lemon Chicken Asparagus Stir-Fry recipe.
This recipe is the day three (3) dinner main dish recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by a recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
Here's to your health!
Healthy Egg Rolls
- 2/3 C celery finely minced
- 2/3 C carrot finely minced
- 2 C cabbage shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 14 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white
For The Sauce
- 3/4 C tamari low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
- 1/3 C green onions thinly sliced, optional
For the Egg Rolls
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Coarsely chop celery and carrot, put in food processor and pulse until finely minced
- Shred cabbage
- Grate ginger
- Place celery, carrot, cabbage and ginger in microwave safe bowl, stir in the coconut oil. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on high for 2 minutes
- Spray baking sheet with coconut oil baking spray, set aside
- Stir in the garlic and tamari.
- Using one egg roll wrapper at a time, place on counter in diamond shape. Place 2 TBSP of veggie mixture at point closest to you. Fold point over veggies and begin to roll. Fold over side points to enclose the veggies and continue rolling.
- Use your finger and spread some egg white on the last point and seal. Place egg rolls seam side down on baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining egg roll wrappers
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 15-18 minutes until golden brown and delicious!
For the Sauce
- In small bowl, whisk tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil and ginger to combine. Stir in green onions