I’ve never considered myself a terrific baker, or a great pie crust maker, but this gluten-free version is super easy to make and super delish.
Whether you want to use it as the base for a delicious sweet pie (like my delish Healthy Pecan Pie), or a savory dish like quiche, this pie crust will become your go-to recipe!
This delish recipe is found on page 92 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Gluten-Free Pie Crust
- 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/2 C arrowroot starch
- 1/2 C coconut flour
- 1/2 C coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 C water
For The Dough
- Combine dry ingredients in food processor until completely combined
- Add coconut oil and process until it forms a crumbly dough
- In a small bowl, whisk egg white and water. Add egg mixture to processor and process until smooth
- Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight
To Bake The Crust
- Remove dough from fridge and allow it to sit out for 15-30 minutes (this will make it easier to roll out)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Unwrap dough. Place between 2 pieces of parchment paper (or waxed paper). press down down slightly, then use a rolling pin to roll dough into a 1/4 inch thick circle. Remove top piece of parchment paper
- Place pie plate upside down on dough and invert. Gently remove parchment paper
- Use your fingers to even out the edges and smooth any cracks. Using a fork, poke a few holes in the bottom of the crust for even baking
- Bake for 20 minutes, until firm to the touch and slightly golden on the edges
- Allow crust to cool completely before filling
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.