One of the things that I really missed when I adopted my healthy eating lifestyle, was being able to have crackers. I mean really, what’s a cheese platter without the crackers, right?
Sure, you can go to the grocery store and purchase gluten-free crackers, but if you’ve ever taken a look at the ingredients and the nutritional information, you will quickly see that they are not a very healthy option.
For me, if I’m going to put something in my body, I want it to have the absolute MOST nutrition possible! These crackers fit the bill perfectly and are super delish! With only 3 net carbs and 1 gram of sugar per serving, these bad boys are an aswer to my cracker craving prayers!
This delish recipe is found on page 19 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all, EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!
- 1 3/4 C almond flour
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt plus more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TBSP coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice (about the juice of 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast until completely combined
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, oil and lemon juice Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until dough forms and all ingredients are fully incorporated
- Using your hands, form dough into a ball, place between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Smoosh it down with your hands then roll to about 1/8 inch thick (the thinner your dough, the crispier the cracker)
- Remove top sheet of parchment. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, score dough in 1 inch size pieces. Place parchment on baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crackers are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven, sprinkle with a little salt and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days