GLUTEN-FREE "CHEESE" CRACKERS
You know that brand of cheese crackers that the slogan is to “get your own box”? Well, these gluten-free “cheese” crackers are just that good!!!
Impossible you say? Nope!
I love carbs, and they are my go-to snack in the evenings, so I had to invent something that would let me indulge a little once in a while and still stay on track.
This delish recipe is found on page 17 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all, EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
Gluten-Free "Cheese" Crackers
- 1 3/4 C almond flour
- 4 TBSP nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 TBSP coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice (juice of about 1 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In small mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast until completely combined
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, oil and lemon juice
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until dough forms and all ingredients are fully incorporated
- Using your hands, form dough into a ball, place between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Smoosh it down with your hands then roll to about 1/8 inch thick (the thinner your dough, the crispier the cracker)
- Remove top sheet of parchment. Using a pizza cutter or sharp knife, score dough in 1 inch size pieces. Place parchment on baking sheet
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crackers are lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days