I’m sure that I’m not the only one who totally appreciates a delicious home-cooked meal that is ready to eat when I get home from a busy day! Having something delicious simmering in my crockpot and opening the door to the delicious smell of dinner being ready is well….pretty magical if you ask me!
I have quite a few crockpot meals that I really LOVE, but none quite as much as I do chili! Somehow, when it’s cold outside, coming home to a warm, spicy bowl of chili just warms my soul and my body!
There are lots more benefits to eating a great bowl of chili than just the fact that it’s hot and delicious! The beans in the chili add lots of great fiber and up the protein of the meal as well. And, that doesn’t even include all the amazing nutrients that the beans provide.
From the antioxidant properties from the lycopene in the tomatoes, to the fiber and protein in the beans and meat, this meal will fill you up, warm you up and provide you with amazing nutrition without packing on the pounds!
- 1 lb organic grass-fed ground beef (turkey, venison, buffalo)
- 3 C kidney beans (2 15 oz cans) (no salt added)
- 3 C organic crushed tomatoes (1 32oz can) (no salt added)
- 2 C organic tomato sauce (1 15 oz can) (no salt added)
- 1 C beef broth (no salt added)
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced
- 1 TBSP chili powder (or to taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Brown meat in large skillet over medium high heat until no longer pink
- While meat is browning, drain and rinse beans, prep veggies
- Add veggies, tomatoes, tomato sauce, broth and spices to crockpot, stir to combine
- Add browned meat to crockpot and stir to combine.
- Add beans to crockpot and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.