I happen to LOVE cranberry orange bread, so creating this healthified version and turning it into muffins was a natural progression. The reason for muffins is that it is easier to maintain your portion sizing with muffins. This recipe makes 24 muffins, so you can keep out what you need for one serving and then freeze the rest. End of temptation!
They are also a delicious addition to your holiday breakfast! Yummy, a steaming cup of coffee and one of these delicious cranberry orange muffins sounds pretty much like heaven to me!
This delish recipe is found on page 105 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
Cranberry Orange Muffins
- 2 C gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 TBSP orange zest (about 2 oranges)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP coconut oil melted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 C raw honey
- 1/2 C plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 C fresh squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 C fresh cranberries finely diced
- 1/2 C walnuts finely diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat 24 mini muffin cups with coconut oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and the orange zest until well combined
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and honey. Stir in the Greek yogurt and orange juice.
- Add the flour mixture and milk, alternating in batches to wet ingredients, starting with the flour. Stir well to incorporate each time.
- Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Divide the batter between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tops are firm to the top. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.