One of my favorite things in all the whole wide world is crab cakes! Delish for a main dish meal, and equally delish on a sandwich! The problem is that most crab cake recipes include mayonnaise and carb heavy fillings.
That’s why in true Unconventional Foodie fashion I’m delighted to bring you my Crab Cakes Extraordinaire!
This delish recipe is found on page 85 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
Crab Cakes Extraordinaire
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 1 2/3 C almond flour divided
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese divided
- 1/4 C red bell pepper diced
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP fresh parsley chopped
- In large mixing bowl, combine green onions, crab meat, ⅔ cup almond flour, ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, red bell pepper, beaten eggs, yogurt, Dijon and chopped parsley .. Gently mix until combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop (4oz), divide into 10 patties. Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine remaining almond flour and parmesan cheese. Roll cakes in flour and fry in olive oil or ghee over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown. After turning, press down cakes to 1 inch thick.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedge and tartar sauce