I was raised a vegetarian, and this cottage cheese roast has always been a favorite of mine. Not only as the main dish for dinner, but let me just tell you, it makes fabulous sandwiches. You would serve this roast the very same as you would a meatloaf.
However, like most of the recipes I grew up loving, I had to make a few healthier substitutions in order for this recipe to be “Unconventional Foodie” approved. I’m very excited to bring you this recipe and I can’t wait for you to try it! Make sure you come back and let me know what you think!
This delish recipe is found on page 64 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Cottage Cheese Roast
- 1 10oz non-meat beef crumbles soy-free, gluten-free (I used Beyond Meat)
- 1 C organic cottage cheese
- 2 slices Ezekiel bread (for bread crumbs)
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use coconut oil to prepare 8x8 baking dish
- Pulse beef crumbles, Ezekiel bread and onion in food processor until they are finely minced
- Combine all ingredients and pour into prepared dish
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, till knife inserted in center comes out clean and roast is golden on bottom and top.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.