Collette's Black Beans & Rice it is!
I was brainstorming on the perfect side dish to go along with my Grilled Tilapia Pico de Gallo, and I just knew that it had to be something with a southwest flair. But I also wanted it to be really healthy, so it took me a while to come up with something that would fit all those criteria.
I think I hit the nail on the head with this one, and I can’t wait to hear what you think! Here’s the recipe.
This recipe is the day three (3) dinner side dish recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
Collette's Black Beans & Rice
For The Rice
- 2 C water
- 1 C rice Royal Blend is delish!
- 1 pkg Goya Con Azafran seasoning
For The Beans
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 onion medium, diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 organic black beans 15 oz can or 2 cups fresh cooked
- 1 diced tomatos no-salt added, 15 oz can, drained
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- cilantro fresh chopped for garnish
For The Rice
- Add water, rice and Goya Con Azafran seasoning to pan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat. Simmer covered for 20-30 minutes until all water is absorbed.
For the Beans
- Drain and rinse beans. Set aside.
- While the rice is cooking. Heat saute pan over medium heat, add grapeseed oil
- Add bell and saute approximately 5 minutes.
- Add onion and saute until translucent. About 5 more minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for about 1 minute more.
- Add beans and diced tomatoes. Lower heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Can I just tell you, I think this is pretty much the BEST beans and rice dish I have ever eaten (and it’s also Richie approved)!
Do you also LOVE beans and rice? Let me know!