I created these coconut delights specifically for my sweet Richie! His favorite candy is, well, you can probably guess the name.
The problem with commercially produced candy bars, is that they are LOADED with sugar! Being a diabetic, he really missed having his favorite treat, so I just had to add them to my list of unconventional recipes so that he could indulge more frequently and not have any guilt (or spikes).
This delish recipe is found on page 98 of my recently published cookbook, Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie. It is one of 52 amazing, full-color recipes that you are sure to LOVE! You can pick up the book HERE.
Don’t miss out on all the yummy goodness found in Healthy Holidays with the Unconventional Foodie cookbook! After all,…EVERY day is a holiday!
Also, make sure you join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
For the Bars
- 1 1/2 C unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 C coconut cream
- 1/4 C coconut milk (full fat)
- 2 TBSP raw honey
For the Chocolate Coating
- 5oz pkg organic chocolate chips at least 70% cacao
- 1 TBSP raw honey
- Place all bar ingredients in food processor bowl and pulse until combined in a sticky ball, scraping down sides. Don't over-process, you want to still see the coconut shreds
- Using a cookie scoop (1 TBSP), scoop mixture and form into 16 bars. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Place bars in freezer for 1 hours
- Meanwhile, prepare chocolate coating
- Once bars are hardened, remove from freezer and dip in chocolate to cover. Place them back on the parchment and return freezer to harden
- Store in fridge in an airtight container. The chocolate will melt if left at room temperature. To serve, remove from fridge and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes