This grilled cilantro lime chicken is absolutely divine!
My Richie LOVES chicken, most especially grilled chicken, in fact he has proclaimed that his nickname is “Chicken Rich” because he just loves to grill!
My Richie loves grilled cilantro lime chicken!
This recipe came to my head as I was shopping last week. I had just gone to my local farmer’s market and purchased some locally grown organic cilantro and it got my gears turning on how I could use it best.
Here’s the story…
Normally I buy chicken in the family packs (because Richie loves chicken so much, we eat quite a bit of it!), plus it’s much more economical to do it that way. I also remove the skin myself, which also saves some money, so here you’re getting a double bang for your buck, a great recipe and a great budget tip too!
So, here’s how it goes. When I am portioning out my chicken for freezing, I prepare my marinade right then and there, so the chicken gets a chance to marinate while it’s in the freezing process and in the thawing process which also saves time. Wow, lots of great tips going on here today!
This recipe is the day three (3) dinner main dish recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by a recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
Cilantro Lime Chicken
- 6 chicken thighs skin removed
For The Marinade
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime zest and juice
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Mix all marinade ingredients in a bag, drop in chicken pieces. Seal and refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight.
- When ready to grill, remove chicken from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature (about 30 minutes).
- Place grill pan on grill and heat on high
- Arrange chicken on grill pan and grill for approximately 10 minutes per side, until inside temperature reaches 165 degrees
- Remove from grill, lightly tent with aluminum foil and allow chicken to rest for about 10 minutes to set the juices.
I’ve mentioned before, but we do a LOT of grilling, and the absolute BEST thing I have ever found to use is this Technique Hard Anodized Nonstick BBQ Pan, It is big enough to hold lots of food, allows great grill marks and ends those troublesome flareups. Can you say no more burned chicken? Yes, thank you!!!
Also, I might add that my Grilled Veggies recipe is a PERFECT accompaniment with the chicken, and it can be done while the chicken is resting.
We absolutely LOVE this recipe, oh and by the way, I’ve gotten TONS of rave reviews on it as well. Let me know what you think.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.