I know, I know….chocolate pudding? Really? Yes…..really!!!
Before you jump all over me because you are watching your carbs and sugar and you take a look at the nutrition label, hear me out.
Is the carb count a little on the high side? Yep! Is there more sugar in there than you normally find per serving in my recipes? Yep!
But, before you say NO WAY Collette, hear me out….
We all cheat now and then, right? Oh come on, don’t tell me I’m the only one!
Wouldn’t it be WAY better to have something that was super healthy for you instead of mowing down a whole bag of Chips Ahoy cookies? I mean, let’s be honest. While this pudding is high in carbs and sugar, they also are derived from some super healthy ingredients, like medjool dates, raw honey and avocado!
So…..not only will you be able to scratch that itch for something comforting like chocolate pudding, you’ll also be getting a hefty dose of protein, fiber and a whole host of great vitamins and minerals to boot! The entire combination of which will do wonders to stabilize your blood sugar and keep you satisfied for hours. When was the last time you ate just ONE oreo cookie?
Oh, one more thing….don’t tell Richie it’s made with dates and avocado….he thinks it’s just delicious! No need to spoil it by letting him find out he really likes something made with avocado…lol 😜
Don’t you just LOVE it when a plan comes together?! 😍
- 1/2 C medjool dates soaked
- 1/2 C raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1-1 1/2 C avocado mashed (2-3 avocados)
- 3/4 C raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 C water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak dates in water for approximately 1 hour (or overnight)
- Place dates, maple syrup and vanilla extract in food processor and blend until smooth
- Add mashed avocado and cacao powder, blend until smooth (you may need to stop and scrape down the sides to get everything blended smoothly).
- Add water, blend until smooth and creamy
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.