Break out the Chicken Zucchini Potato Soup
Baby it’s cold outside! That’s when one of my favorite things to do is to cook up a big pot of soup, and this chicken zucchini potato soup is no exception. But, in trying to keep with my healthy diet of limiting carbs, fat and calories, sometimes finding a really yummy, satisfying recipe is hard to do.
In my opinion, the absolute BEST way to dial down the sugar, salt and other nasties, is to make your own stock. It’s really very easy to do and pretty much takes care of itself, and the health and nutrition benefits are way worth the extra effort.
Plus, when I make soup, I usually make a whole giant pot and then freeze the leftovers. That makes for a super quick weeknight meal, or you can also pack those individual portions for lunch. Win Win!
Here is one of my favorites:
Chicken Zucchini Potato Soup
- 2 lbs red potato diced
- 2 lbs chicken breast diced
- 2 lbs zucchini diced
- 2 onions diced
- 5 C chicken stock low-sodium
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- Cut potatoes and zucchini into 1 inch square pieces.
- Place all ingredients in crock pot, layering potatoes first, then chicken, followed by the zucchini and onions.
- Pour chicken broth over top, then sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover and cook in crock pot for 8-10 hours on low heat, or 6 hours on high.
- After cooking, remove and shred chicken with a fork. Return chicken to the pot and stir to combine.
- Ladle soup into bowl and top with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
This chicken zucchini potato soup is one of my go-to comfort-food type recipes that you should try. It is hearty, satisfying and perfect for a cold, winter day.
If you’re loving these yummy recipes and would like some one-on-one assistance to reach your nutrition and weight loss goals, let’s chat!
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.