Chicken Fajita Soup
It’s that wonderful time of year when the mercury dips and my thoughts turn to soup. We absolutely LOVE soup, and I have quite a few really yummy recipes, but, as with everything, soup variety is the spice of life, that’s why I’m super thrilled to bring you this amazing Chicken Fajita Soup recipe.
You can certainly adjust the ingredients and amounts to your liking, because, well, I have to confess, my soups almost always come out what Rachel Ray calls “Stoup”!!! Too thin to be stew, and too thick to be soup, so she came up with the word stoup, and it fits me to a tee!
I really think that’s okay, because what it means is that if you follow my recipe, you will wind up with a very hearty, filling, delicious and healthy meal that your whole family will enjoy.
So, let’s talk about chicken fajita soup. Do you like chicken fajitas? I’ll have to admit, I LOVE them, but with all the carbs and not so healthy ingredients in them, they have not been a part of our healthy eating lifestyle for several years now. That being said, we really missed the flavor and essence of chicken fajitas, so this soup is a perfectly healthy replacement!
I created a gluten-free super delicious recipe for crackers that would be a perfect complement. Also, feel free to top this yummy soup with chopped avocado or a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or okay, go ahead and splurge with a dollop of organic grass-fed sour cream. I won’t tell anyone.
Chicken Fajita Soup
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage or other spicy sausage
- 2 chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 1 15oz can diced tomatos no salt added
- 4 C low sodium chicken stock
- 2 C water
- 2 15oz can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 TBSP fajita seasoning
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- Slice sausage and cut chicken into 1 inch pieces, place in crock-pot
- Chop vegetables, add to crockpot
- Add rest of the ingredients to crockpot and stir to combine
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours
- To serve, garnish with chopped cilantro
Join the Holistic Happy Living Community on Facebook
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
If you are struggling with meal planning and nutritional information, I invite you to come and join my Holistic Happy Living Community Facebook group!
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with all your friends and join my community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many women as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!