Cabbage Roll Soup
It’s a pretty well documented fact that we absolutely LOVE soup! Good thing soup is so super easy to make and especially when you dump it all in a crockpot, it well, kinda cooks itself! LOVE THAT!!
Soup is also a very versatile thing to make and customize to your tastes. It’s all about the spices that you put in it. Well, I guess that pretty much applies to all of cooking really. But somehow, it just seems way easier with soup.
This cabbage roll soup is so good that you will forget all about going through all the hassle of making traditional cabbage rolls. Easy peasy!!! Brown the meat, dump everything in your crockpot and then go out and have fun! Your house will smell amazing and dinner will be ready when you get home!
The other really great thing about soup is this. Make a gigantic pot, eat it for dinner, then divide the rest into serving size containers and freeze it! Voila! You have just created your own super healthy frozen meal!
I do this ALL the time! I usually take one week, make a different kind of soup every night, freeze the leftovers, then I don’t have to cook for like a month and we have a delicious meal every single night! And those single servings? Perfect to take to the office for lunch as well. Just think, a whole month of yummy lunch and you didn’t have to even think about what to take, well, except for deciding which of your yummy soups you’re going to take!
Cabbage Roll Soup
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb organic grass-fed ground beef or lamb, chicken or turkey
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 organic carrots chopped
- 5 C cabbage chopped (1 medium or 1/2 large head)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 C organic beef stock reduced sodium
- 3 C organic tomato sauce reduced sodium
- 3 C organic diced tomatoes reduced sodium
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 C long grain organic brown rice
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 C fresh parsley chopped
- Add olive oil to skillet, brown hamburger, transfer to crockpot
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice and parsley to crockpot, stir to combine well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 6-8 hours
- Just before serving, stir in lemon juice and parsley
Come join the Holistic Happy Living Community on Facebook
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!