Broccoli Slaw to the rescue!
When you’re planning your next picnic or outdoor barbecue, this broccoli slaw would be the PERFECT side to bring along!
First, because there’s no mayo in it, and second because it’s just so darned healthy and delicious! In fact, I barely had time to get it all tossed together before my Richie was over digging in to the bowl. And, if it’s hubby approved, it goes to the top of my list!
In addition to being extremely yummy, this salad will also help give your liver a chance to detox your body. And, since detoxing is all the rage these days, wouldn’t it be more fun to chew your way to great health than to just drink some juice?
Sure makes more sense to me, and WAY more fun too!
This recipe is the day six (6) dinner salad recipe of my 7-Day Meal Plan program. I created the program because after researching the meal plan program provided by a recognized authority on diabetes, I was appalled at the ingredients and nutrition values.
If you’re frustrated with your current results in trying to lose weight or control your blood sugar, click the button below to receive this essential program!
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!
- 3 stalks fresh broccoli shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 C red cabbage shredded
- 1/2 C red onion minced (1 small)
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 C celery diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Run all the veggies through the shredding blade of your food processor. Empty in a large serving bowl. This makes a big salad, so you many need to empty it once in the middle.
- Dice celery. add to bowl and toss to combine
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and dill in a small bowl. Pour over salad and toss to combine thoroughly.