One of my favorite childhood memories is that of picking wild Maine blueberries in a field next to my grandparents home! My Memere would give me a pail in the morning with the promise of her delicious blueberry cobbler for dessert at dinner, for a full pail of blueberries.
I would head out across the fields and come back hours later with purple blue lips, tongue, fingers and probably lots of other places too! I think I probably ate three pails worth of blueberries while in the process of picking that pail for my Memere!
She never failed to deliver on her promise and after dinner, she always produced a beautiful blueberry cobbler and somehow, magically, there also appeared some vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream to top it off with! Oh my goodness, yum!!!
One of my personal treasures is my Memere’s delish recipe! I haven’t made it in quite a while, so when I decided to healthify it, I was really shocked to see that there was 1 1/2 cups of sugar in that recipe! YIKES!!!
Luckily, my Unconventional Foodie side took over and created this amazing healthy replacement for one of my fave desserts! I’m sure that you will love it to!
For the Frut
- 2 C organic blueberries , fresh or frozen
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- 2 TBSP grass-fed organic butter
For the Cake
- 2 organic pasture-raised eggs , beaten
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder , aluminum free
- 1/2 C unsweetened almond milk
- Place butter in baking dish and place in oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Meanwhile, in small mixing bowl, mix 1/4 cup of sugar with fruit.
- In small mixing bowl, mix dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- In medium mixing bowl (or a large measuring cup, combine remaining ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix to combine (don't over mix).
- When butter is melted, pour cake batter in pan, then top with the fruit mixture.
- Return to oven and bake until cake is golden brown, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly. Can be served warm or room-temperature.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the challenge!
PSSS: Are you in search of choices to upgrade your health and lifestyle? CLICK HERE let’s see if it’s a fit for you!