I can’t believe that I’ve been doing recipes for years and have never posted my delicious beef minestrone recipe before now!
This is one of our absolute favorite soups…well, usually my soups wind up way more like what Rachel Ray calls “Stoup”! Too thick to really be called soup, and too thin to be a true stew!
No matter what you call it, this recipe is delish!! Packed with lots of protein, and antioxidant rich veggies this meal will not only warm the cockles of your soul, but will provide you with amazing nutrition as well.
Don’t be afraid of the long list of ingredients, most of them are pretty much pantry stables and prep is super simple too! You know me, I’m not in to slaving away on something complicated. I like easy and maybe more importantly…..quick!!! Dump everything in your crockpot in the morning and come home to a delicious and nutritious dinner!
- 1 pound chuck roast trimmed & cubed
- 2 TBSP cornstarch
- 1 TBSP Rustic Rub
- 1 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 crushed tomatoes 32 oz can
- 1 diced tomatos 15 oz can
- 2 C cabbage 1/2 small cabbage
- 1 onion diced
- 4 C fresh kale
- 1 zucchini diced
- 2 carrots diced
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 1 cannellini beans 15 oz can
- 1 garbanzo beans 15 oz can
- 4 C beef broth
- 2 C water
- kosher salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Add cornstarch and rustic rub in large plastic bag and toss to combine well
- Trim chuck roast and cut into 1 inch chunks, then add to cornstarch mix. Toss to coat all pieces well
- Add olive oil to skillet and heat over medium. Add beet to pan and brown (you may need to do this in batches)
- While beef is browning, chop all vegetables and add to crockpot.
- Add crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes to crockpot. Stir to combine
- Drain and rinse beans and add to crockpot. Stir to combine
- Add browned beef to crockpot. Stir to combine
- Add beef stock and water, stir to combine
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, you can also add a bay leaf for extra depth of flavor.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours, or 6 hours on high heat. Remove bay leaf, serve and enjoy!
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!