I don’t know about you, but I really haven’t come across anyone in my life who doesn’t LOVE apple pie, or apple crisp, or apple cake, or …. Well, you get my drift! Here’s the thing, that old adage, “An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away”, really isn’t too far off. But I’d rather say “A Apple A Day Is Delish”, because, well, that’s just me!
Apples are a super healthy fruit to eat. Yes, I know they are quite high in sugar, and also have quite a few carbs, however, they are also low on the glycemic scale, so they are diabetic friendly. Why are they diabetic friendly? Because they are LOADED with FIBER!!! If you’ve been following me at all, you are well aware of my fixation on promoting a high fiber diet.
For now, let’s just get to the good stuff!
- 4 organic apples
- 1/2 C whole rolled oats
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 TBSP grass-fed organic butter
- 1/4 C organic raisins (or other unsweetened dried fruit)
- 1/2 C walnuts chopped
- 1/2 C water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Use a paring knife to core the apples (don't break through the bottom of the apple. Place in deep baking dish
- Combine oats, walnuts, seasonings and butter to form a crumbly mixture. Fold in the raisins. Fill each apple with mixture.
- Pour water into pan. Cover and bake for approximately 50 minutes (until apples are soft)
- Serve warm.
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and would love to hear what you think about it, so don’t be shy, let me know in the comments!
Also, make sure you share it with all your friends and join our community so you don’t miss any of my other great recipes, events and offers.
Here's to Your Health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!