5 Tips To Eat More Nutritionally
First of all diets don’t work! I’m sure if you’re like me, you have ridden that rollercoaster way too many times. It is true however, that everything boils down to nutrition. So, how DO you figure out how to eat nutritiously, especially when you start getting those sugar and snack cravings? Here are five great tips to help you out with that!
- Make sure that you are fully hydrated. That means drinking one half of your body weight in ounces of water every day! I know that may seem like a lot, but trust me, the closest you can get to that amount, the better you will feel (and the fewer unhealthy cravings you will have).
- Eliminate the white stuff. You know the culprits, white sugar, white rice, white bread, white potatoes, pasta and processed foods.
- Eliminate fried foods. I will follow that up by saying that the biggest problem with fried foods is the oils that are used. So switch to healthy fats like extra virgin olive oil, avocado, avocado oil, coconut oil and grass-fed butter (or ghee). Are you surprised to see butter listed as a healthy fat?
- Eliminate sugary drinks. That includes fruit juice. Even fresh squeezed orange juice takes 5 or 6 oranges to make a glass of juice and that’s way too much sugar to be dumping in your system all at one time. Sugar (and artificial sweeteners) actually cause sugar cravings. If you don’t like plain water, you can add a slice of orange, or lime, or lemon, or grapefruit, etc.
- Add more fiber to your diet. It has been my experience, that counting calories, or carbohydrates or anything else really is not as important as the amount of fiber I eat. Fiber mostly comes from beans, so adding beans is both yummy, but they’re also very filling and provide lots of nutrition and energy for hours.
As a health coach probably the most asked question I ever get is “how do I eat for more nutrition”? So I hope that these five tips have helped you out.
Which of these five tips do you think it will be hardest for you to do? I’d love for you to let me know in the comments and for sure, if you have questions, don’t hesitate to send me an email!
Here's to your health!
PS: If you’re totally frustrated with the effects of your efforts to create and maintain a healthier diet and lifestyle,I feel ya for sure, let’s chat! What if just one discussion could change your life? I love to share what I know and help as many people as possible. You can contact me here: LET’S CHAT!
PSS: Ready for a jump start to your healthier diet and lifestyle? CLICK HERE to join the club!